Monday, March 7, 2011

Makeup, skincare and hair products oh my!

I know it's been forever since I posted last, but what's 8 months between friends? I promise I'll make it up to you ;)

Anyhoo, on to the fun stuff!

AG Hair Cosmetics Curl Trigger Curl Defining Spray $19.99



Spring is around the corner and soft, carefree, slightly messy beach-y curls are one of the hair trends of the season. AG's Curl Trigger is just the product to help control, define and enhance curly and wavy hair types.

Bonus: Can be used as a refresher spray if your hair gets a little limp throughout the day.

I personally really love the product as my hair can't decide if it's straight, wavy or curly. With Curl Trigger I get really pretty waves all over my hair and if I spray it on damp hair and then blow dry with a diffuser after, I get much more defined curls.

I compare this product to Bumble and Bumble's Surf Spray, but I have to say that I like the way Curl Trigger smells much better.


Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette $35



I received this palette awhile ago but I've been using it on a weekly basis since. The minute I saw the colors I thought how perfect this palette is for wedding looks. Then I saw the shadow names and realized "oh...Too Faced meant this to be a bridal palette too..." :) With names like "I Do", "First Dance" and "Ever After" how could it not be? These colors are soft and feminine, perfect for Spring. My favorite look by far is the Classic look that combines a pale pink, a shimmery lilac and a deep eggplant with sheen to it.

For professional use, these seem fairly easy to depot and would be a great addition to a bridal palette. For personal use, these shadows are super pretty and easy to wear and blend. I also think these would be a cute bridesmaid gift too!

Mario Badescu Herbal Hydrating Serum $30



We all know and love Mario Badescu for his Drying Lotion. It's amazing! I really don't know why I overlooked the other gems in his line, but I got to try some out and my new favorite skin care treatment of the moment is Mario Badescu's Herbal Hydrating Serum.

Most of the serums I tried in the past were nice, but they usually left my skin feeling slightly tacky after initial application (the exception being Merle Norman's Energizing Concentrate, love that stuff!) which I personally can't stand. My rule of thumb is if I don't like the way it looks/feels/smells on myself, there is no way I am putting it in my kit and subjecting my clients to them. What's so cool about the Hydrating Serum is that it's a gel that is instantly absorbed by the skin and gives a cool, fresh and perfectly moist feeling. Love it!

Bonus: If you have oily skin, this can be used as your moisturizer

Stay tuned the rest of this week as every day I'll have three new product reviews for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment