Sunday, March 7, 2010

Urban Decay Stardust Shadows

So, like any makeup artist, I love makeup and I love sparkle. However, as we all know, those two certainly do not go together on set. Why? Well because sparkle (in the form of glitter) has a nasty habit of getting EVERYWHERE in my kit. I HATE bringing glitter with me SO much that I specifically make sure everytime I do a creative that we either are or are not going to be using glitter because I have a special separate case for it that I never carry unless I have to.

I think I may change that. Why? What has caused this oh-so-sudden sudden change of heart? Well, it's because I just met a product that is not only incredibly pigmented, it's also packed with major glitter that does not cause a giant mess and doesn't even fall out when applying it to my talent!

This miracle product is: Urban Decay Stardust Shadows



These cute little shadows are Urban Decay's newest addition to their already amazing shadow line. Boasting 40% more glitter than even their most sparkly shadows, Stardust delivers a stunning wash of color that is topped with teeny bits of iridescent glitter. The reason why the glitter doesn't have the fallout problems of 99% of other glitter shadows is because of a pricey ingredient called reflex. I'm not sure what it is, but I LIKE it. ALOT.They apply like a dream and I mean it when I say there was zero glitter fallout. Z.E.R.O

I'll end my post by telling you the two best ways I personally feel you should apply this shadow.

Technique #1:

*Sanitize hands and fingers thoroughly.

*With your ring finger, pick up a generous amount of shadow by using a circular motion of "grabbing" the product with the pad of your finger.

*Lightly sweep and press shadow into place on you or your talent's lid.

*Repeat until desired look is achieved.

Technique #2:

*With a shadow brush that has a stiff-ness to it (I would either suggest a small concealer brush or a shadow brush that has a denseness to it rather than an extrememly soft one) and pick up a generous amount of shadow

*Press onto lid or crease until all color is deposited.

*With a softer brush, blend colors on lid until desired look is achieved.

If you all end up getting any (or all) of the colors, let me know which ones you love! I am currently digging Atmosphere and Diamond Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment