Sunday, March 7, 2010

Catching Up, The Makeup Show LA, New Make Up For Ever Products

Hello Lovely readers!
First off, I want to let you know that I truly did not realize that it has been over a month since my last post! That's just horrible, and I will try my hardest to update the blog a bit more often than that.

Next, I have a flood of new posts for this evening, so that should make up for it just a little.

Last weekend I was attended the Makeup Show LA put on by the Powder Group. It was great to catch up with old friends that apparently I only see at makeup shows, as well as meet lots of new artists that I "know" from forums and such. As I was working the Yaby booth (www.yabycosmetics.com), I couldn't really "shop" and wonder around as much as I would have liked, but I have IMATS LA in June for that.

Anyhoo, a couple of months ago one of my good friends (some of you may know him as KJ)works as the artist director for Make Up For Ever cosmetics was in town and we got to chatting and he pulled out a bag that contained a plethora of new goodies that would be coming out from the line in the next coming months.

Sworn to secrecy, I played with all the lovely things until my heart was content, but I didn't breathe a word of it to anyone for fear I would open the flood gates and let it all tumble out.

Luckily, a couple of those new products have debuted, one is on Sephora.com and the other was a huge hit at the Makeup Show and I can happily sing it's praises. Firstly, The new Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Blush.





As a makeup artist, I work in HD often, and I loathe a blush that has talc in it or that is loaded with shimmer for HD. Matte blushes can also look muddy if the talent is particularly sweaty or oily and has to be touched up often. With the new Make Up For Ever HD blushes, those worries are over. This blush literally looks like you skin produced the color. There is no trace of shimmer or even that gooey sticky feeling that one can sometimes get with gel blushes. Once worked into the skin, the color is that of a slight flush and completely natural looking and feeling. Oh, did I mention it also lasts for hours and hours?

To try a blush that will change the way you actually look at blush, hop over to your local Sephora or Make Up For Ever studio if you are lucky enough to have one near you.

As for the new aqua colors, I don't have a picture of them (and I can't seem to locate on online) but they are in pots similar to the aqua creme liner. These little pots of heaven are what KJ referred to as "Waterproof Flash Colors in separate containers". Um, SQUEE! If you love your Flash Colors / palette just like I do, then a waterproof version should just about rock your world. How waterproof/lasting are they you ask? Well the day KJ let me play with all the new goodies, I put a blue one on my hand and two days later you could still see traces of the blue. It serious is majorly awesome stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment